Saturday, August 9, 2014

Anybody Still Here?

Well, it's been nearly a year since I've posted here. Some things haven't changed much. We still have a camper. Still in the Bakken. Still on the res. However, the camper has been moved from Parshall, ND to Skunk Bay, ND. Jacob is still living in it, but Will and I are back in Kentucky at our house for the moment. However, we will be returning to ND in about 4 weeks.

Some things have changed a lot! Jacob and I FINALLY got married last year. We actually ended up going back to Deadwood and having our wedding there. The most notable change though is that we've added a new family member, our baby girl Litha, who was born at our home in Kentucky on July 3rd. We are still in the early baby days and fighting exhaustion, but she is so sweet and brings us such joy that it's all worth it.

There, of course, has been a lot more go on in the past year, but you get the basic idea. In all honesty, at the time I abandoned this blog I was not at all happy with our current living situation. We had some major issues at the RV lot in Parshall and I didn't really want to turn this blog into a bitchfest about my unhappiness and how much I disliked where we were.

Thankfully, relief came in the form of a move to Skunk Bay which, although 40 miles from the nearest gas station, was a far better situation for our family. Unfortunately, that move came only two weeks prior to Will and I returning to Kentucky. By then I was tired and pregnant and only just getting over our Parshall experience and had no desire to pick up personal blogging again. (I still blog for the Real Oilfield Wives website.) I was ready to go back to Kentucky and lick my wounds and start over.

Now with the baby born and our return to Skunk Bay imminent I am planning on slowly returning to personal blogging. I may change the format of this site a bit to reflect not only our camper experience, but also our life in Kentucky as well. With a new baby it will be slow going, but I'm okay with that right now. I hope you will join me in the coming days, weeks and months on our latest adventures in the oilfield and beyond!

Edited To Add Line Spacing: Apparently it's been so long since I've blogged that I didn't realize that I was typing in HTML mode and I created a wall of words. Guess I have some brushing up to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment