Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Trailer Livin' Tuesday- Camper Tour

It’s Trailer Livin’ Tuesday and, as promised, this week I’m going to be giving you a tour of our camper. As far as Bakken campers go it’s a mid to lower range specimen. It’s a far cry from the “Fuzion” camper that probably costs as much as our house in Kentucky, but it’s not the tin can campers that you sometimes see around here either. Most importantly, it’s paid for! A fact I often remind myself of when I see some of the behemoths with dishwashers and laundry facilities that I sometimes lust after. So without further ado, here is our camper in pictures.



The first part of the camper you see when you pull up in the camper lot is this lovely picture of the sea. It goes well with the sounds of seagulls screeching that we wake up to every morning. I will never be able to wrap my mind around the idea of seagulls in North Dakota, but here they are!



Should you decide to come for a visit, you will be greeted at the door by Thor barking loudly and annoyingly at you. Don’t worry, he’s all bark and no bite. He will expect you to pet him though.



As you can see, it’s not a very big camper, but it’s not too small either. It’s works for the three of us and that’s enough. Also, we are not the tidiest folks around so please excuse our messy camper yard.



You may also notice my few potted herbs around the backside of our camper. Buying herbs anywhere is expensive, more so here. It also gives me a bit of earth to dig around in when I’m missing my gardens at home.



Now let’s go inside! The first thing you see when you come inside is the kitchen. It’s small, but it does the job and I have enough room to fit at least a few of my appliances.



Now, to your left, is my little desk space. I need a chair that sits higher before I can really use it, but for now it makes a nice spot to put my computer and office supplies.



Beyond the desk space is our dining area. This is where I do most of my work right now and it’s a nice cozy space for dinner and for Will’s painting and art projects.

Behind the dining area are two bunk beds where Will sleeps and plays. I’m sorry I do not have pictures of them. Getting them in order to photograph would have been an epic undertaking. I will be doing some decorating work on them so you will see them at a later date.



At the very back of the camper is the bathroom. Hot water is in short supply for showers and the camp toilet is less than ideal, but somehow I’ve manage to get all my beauty and hygiene products put away.



Moving forward on the opposite side of the camper is our sitting area. I can set a few tchotchkes on the window ledge and the space above the cabinet makes a nice shelf for the few books that we’ve brought with us.



Had you turned right instead of left upon entering the camper you would have climbed up four steps in our bedroom bunk. It’s small, but adequate.

Having this lovely view on the back side of our camper certainly makes things nice though. 


So, there you have it, mid-range living quarters in the Bakken. It’s an adequate living facility. Although, I do plan to do a lot of redecorating because I find the textile choices and mini-blinds abhorrent, but it has it’s own charm and lots of potential. Wanna come visit? J




No comments:

Post a Comment