Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Rundown- Book Hoarding

Happy Monday, folks! Hope you all had a lovely weekend! If you’ve read my previous blog, you know that I like to do certain things on set days of the week. Since today is Monday that means that it’s laundry day. Laundry is one my least favorite chores so instead of gathering and sorting I’m using this moment of peace while Will is still in bed and Jacob has left for work to have some me time and to write this post.

We’ve spent this past week trying to get into a trying to get into our daily and weekly rhythm. Most of our activities have remained the same, but a few things have changed. We’ve added in a morning walk with the dog after our morning circle time. I find that if the dog gets his exercise early in the morning he behaves better throughout the day. We also switched gardening day out for library day since we can’t really spend an entire day fussing over a few pots of herbs. Other than that things pretty much remain the same, circle time in the morning, tea in the afternoon, post office day on Tuesday, movie night on Sunday and so on. I think that sticking to our schedules gives us all a sense of stability despite our periodic changes in living arrangements. I’m not always perfect with it, but if we happen to forget some important part of the day, Will quickly reminds me.

In addition to working on our rhythm, this past week Jacob has been trying to learn Spanish so he communicate more effectively with his co-workers. We have decided that we should make this a project for the whole family, so this weekend during my weekly trip to Minot I picked up some books on Spanish and I plan to make Spanish labels for our everyday items and stick them up around the camper.



Of course being the book hoarder that I am we couldn’t make it out with just those three Spanish books. Will got to pick out one book of his own, a Little Golden Book about the movie Cars 2, and I picked up a couple Frog and Toad books for him as well. I love the Frog and Toad stories and if we continue with the Oak Meadow Homeschool Curriculum they will later part of our lessons so they weren’t exactly a frivolous purchase.



For myself I purchased two books on North Dakota. One is called Spooky Creepy North Dakota and the other is Women of the Northern Plains. I’ve gotten through most of Spooky Creepy North Dakota and I’m really enjoying it so far. I think that learning about a state’s ghost stories is a great, albeit unconventional, way to become more familiar with it landmarks and customs.




Now, it’s time for me to cut this post short for today. There is much to do this week and I’ve got to get on it! Hope you all have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment