Wednesday, June 26, 2013

WIP Wednesday

While I've done WIP Wednesday posts for other blogs before, this one is going to be a bit different.  Since this blog is about our experience living in a camper in the oilfield I will be focusing on the improvements and personalized touches that I will be adding to our camper. 

Let me first say that I hate the way our camper is decorated. Hate. A lot. When I get back I have many projects in mind that will help lessen my hatred, but for now I'm focusing on what I can do while I'm still in KY. 

The first area that I decided to tackle is the bunks in Will's part of the camper. He prefers to sleep on the bottom bunk, but he loves to play and look at books on the top bunk. So, the first part I'm focusing on is the top bunk. 

This idea came about during a trip to the store. Will found some buttons that he liked and insisted that we buy them! I had no idea what I was going to make, but after some thought I got the idea to create some simple cushions to go along the walls in the top bunk to create a play/reading nook. 

 I started off with a yard of each fabric and divided them into 4 even sections. 

I stitched up the four sides. 


I added two of the buttons that Will picked out to each cushion. 


And presto! A set of cushions that are just perfect for a little boy's hiding nook!

I still have to finish the rest of the cushions, but I really like the way these turned out and I can't wait to get them back to the camper and see how they look! One ugly camper fix down, about eleventy hundred more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment